Our handyman service has not experienced problems or cancellations due to COVID-19 yet. But Customers are starting to ask questions now the Dutch government has decided to close schools & restaurants. We ask both Customers and experts to follow the following guidelines so our experts can continue fixing & improving your homes safely!
WHO guidelines for keeping safe
Our advice is simple: follow the World Health Organisation recommendations for staying safe. You can find them here with instruction videos. In summary:
- Wash your hands frequently & thoroughly with an alcohol-based hand rub or else soap and water
- Maintain 1m+ of distance between yourself and anyone who coughs or sneezes
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene: cover your mouth & nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately
- Seek medical care as soon as you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing
- Follow advice from your healthcare provider
Specific guidelines for MrFix jobs in Holland
We have considered the various types of home repair & improvement jobs that MrFix offers and concluded that none of them require humans to touch each other or be within 1 metre of each other. Now the expert decides which jobs he takes on (at his own expense & risk) and when he carries them out. Just like the Customer decides whether to confirm the appointment that MrFix proposes on behalf of the expert.
As far as MrFix can see it is safe to proceed with requesting and executing jobs as you long as you follow the guidelines above. Specifically:
- Do not shake hands or come closer than 2 metres (reliable sources say 1 metre is not always enough)
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene
- Avoid inspection visits (anyway a good idea) and exchange information via the WhatsApp group instead
- Do not request jobs and do not go execute jobs if you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing (or any flu or cold symptoms)
- Pay via iDeal or credit card: not at a mobile payment terminal or in cash (which we always advise against and therefore do not facilitate)
- Read the updates (so far in Dutch only) and Q&A (in English) from the RIVM, the Government institute for Public Health. It recommends face masks for medical personnel only, for instance.
Please contact MrFix if you have any questions or comments. Stay safe!