Help! Frequently Asked Questions:
What does MrFix do?
MrFix arranges an appointment with a painter, electrician or other expert for you within 1 hour. We eliminate the usual hassle with DIY or cowboy builders and quickly arrange a reliable professional so you can get on with your life without wasting time or worrying.
MrFix gets your job right 1st time. We have a network of recognised painters, electricians, plumbers, all-round handymen and other specialist contractors. The handyman goes to your home or office when that suits you best!
You pay MrFix securely afterwards via iDeal, bank transfer or credit card so you have a guarantee in case the expert does not get the job right 1st time.
How do I request a job?
1) The Job
- In the form at the top of the page, first click your job type on the left
- Upload 1 or 2 pictures of the situation (not mandatory)
- On the right give a concise title for your job and specify it below (dimensions, brand, colour, ceiling height …)
- Click “An expert ASAP”, or if you prefer a binding quote or estimate “First a quote”
2) The Customer
- Enter your name and contact information on the left
- Indicate on the right when the job would suit you. The mornings and afternoons are in green (available) at first: click the times that do not suit you (red). The evenings are in red, so click if they do suit you: that will make them green. At the bottom you can specify an additional date up to 2 months ahead. The expert then chooses a 1-hour slot within the days that suit you (the margin is for traffic, parking and prior jobs). If this schedule does not work for you, click the circled “1” on the left and indicate your availability in step 1 under “COMMENTS”.
If you prefer to, you can also call us at 020-6750333 or mail us at [email protected] (please mention your phone number, address and availability!)
How fast will MrFix respond?
We usually respond to your request within 1 hour (Monday-Friday 8.30 AM-6 PM). We find you a good, pre-screened professional who is available when it is convenient for you. We confirm the date and start time (1 hour slot) by mail and create a WhatsApp group. There the expert can ask you questions so that he is as prepared as possible to do the job right 1st time.
Who are the experts?
The experts come to MrFix when recommended and are checked by MrFix for reliability and craftsmanship. We speak every one in person and check their references and documents. MrFix matches your job to the expert with the right expertise. In addition, we keep track of how Customers rate their jobs and promote or warn them as appropriate.
Which jobs can MrFix handle?
MrFix gets you recognised professionals for home (or shop, restaurant or office) improvement and repair jobs, from large (renovation, expansion, facade work) to small:
- Painting: interior painters, exterior painters, stucco décor and wallpapers
- All-round handymen: carpentry, furniture, flooring or glazing work, masonry and tiling
- Electrical work: all electrical work from meter cupboards and earth leakage circuit breakers to power outages and installing electrical outlets, lamps and devices
- Plumbing: all plumbing jobs, from leaks and unclogging to boiler and roofing work
- White goods expert
- Computer Repair
- Professional cleaner
- Furniture Expert
So what does it cost?
- How can I contact MrFix?
At “How do I submit a job?” we show how you can request a job via the site, mail, phone or WhatsApp. If you have any questions or remarks about an existing job or invoice, please use the WhatsApp group with the expert or ‘reply all’ to the last email you received from us about the job/invoice in question. If necessary, you can also call Mon-Fri from 8.30 to 18h on 020-675 0333.
- Can you provide the required material? (paint, doors, window frames, wall / floor tiles, laminate / wooden floors)
Yes, the expert can supply the material if you wish: that usually works best. For example, plumbers and electricians do not guarantee work on material purchased by the Customer and painters give a much longer (often 10 year) warranty on work with the quality paint that they buy. Do note that the expert can charge the time spent ordering, purchasing and collecting materials.
See also the tips at the bottom of the Rates page.
- Which cities does MrFix serve?
We offer professionals throughout the Randstad region: in and around Amsterdam, The Hague, Leiden, Utrecht, Haarlem, Rotterdam and Delft. We are also expanding in the Centre of The Netherlands up to Eindhoven and Apeldoorn inclusive!
- Should I stay home during the job?
Of course you are welcome to but you don’t have to: many customers make appointments for 8-9 AM, show the expert around and go to work. Do ask the expert to share a ‘before’ photo in the WhatsApp group as soon as he enters and an ‘after’ photo as soon as he finishes.
- Can you serve corporate and Government entities?
Yes, we serve many offices, shops and restaurants. We even serve international organisations and embassies, so it comes in handy that we have a ‘Declaration of Conduct’ (‘Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag‘ in Dutch) of most of the experts.
- What is the minimum chargeable time?
The minimum chargeable time is one hour per man per job. Please note that MrFix only charges labour and any material or parking cost. There are no other surcharges like competing services and handymen levy for ‘service’, call-out costs, risk or profit. See also Rates.
- Why do I need to indicate my availability if I just want a quote?
When we started our service we found that Customers often accepted estimates or quotes whereas the expert turned out not to be available when the Customer needed him. Our best painters, for instance, are usually fully booked ~12 months ahead. So now we ask the Customer to indicate at the start when the expert is welcome. We ask the expert to share his estimate at the same time as proposing the appointment.
- What can I do if I’m not satisfied with the result?
If the expert does not execute your instructions right 1st time, he will return to put it right. Depending on his warranty policy the labour is not charged, just any materials and parking costs. If you are not satisfied it is key to inform the expert (not MrFix!) immediately: preferably when he is still present and otherwise via the WhatsApp group. We do our best to ensure that the Customer (and the expert) is treated fairly and we have an excellent long-term relationship with our experts, but MrFix is NOT their employer or the Customer: that is you!
- How can I register as an expert?
If you master your trade and take Customer satisfaction seriously, please read Expert? Come fix!/ and fill in your details at the bottom, then we will call you within 24h.